Communication around the 400th anniversary of the French presence in Ontario
The year 2015 celebrated the 400th anniversary of French explorer Samuel de Champlain’s first visit to Ontario.
On this occasion, the Government of Ontario has mandated the Yucatan agency to manage public relations and events related to this anniversary.
Context and objectives
The Yucatan agency’s consultants were in charge of organizing the communication of all the events related to the celebrations of the 400th anniversary of the French presence in Ontario and to remind people about the strong links that have united Ontario and France for the past 400 years.
- Drafting of all documents associated with this project
- Organization of the visit of the Ontario Government’s Minister for La Francophonie
- Organization of a celebration with the unveiling of a commemorative plaque in Honfleur, in collaboration with international, national and local authorities
- Coordination of journalists at a celebration cocktail party at the Canadian Embassy
- Organization and coordination of journalists and TV teams during the events