Public Relations for the House of Services to the Person
Created in 2006 by French entrepreneur Brice Alzon, the Maison des Services à la Personne (House of Services to the Person – MDSAP) is a pioneering cooperative in personal services. It has more than 650 members in mainland France and overseas. MDSAP offers its beneficiaries specialist services in more than 10 areas, including home support for vulnerable people with the integration of the Coviva network.
Over the past five years, MDSAP has grown significantly: the number of its members has increased 14-fold and it has recorded annual growth of 25%.
Context and objectives
The MDSAP network, and particularly Coviva dedicated to homecare for the elderly, aims to increase public awareness in order to develop its activities and facilitate the recruitment of the network’s structures throughout France.
The mission of the Yucatan agency’s PR consultants is to develop the Coviva network’s notoriety among the general public in order to develop its activities and facilitate the recruitment of the network’s structures in France:
- National mainstream and specialized mainstream media through special operations
- Local media through special reports and events to promote the professions of life support workers.
- Daily monitoring to identify news likely to be hijacked: key figures in the sector, new reforms, world days linked to social issues, etc.
- Organisation of special solidarity operations: the “Café Chaud” (“Hot Coffee”) in winter to raise awareness about the isolation of elderly people and the “100% hydration” operation in summer to raise awareness of the high temperatures that can be dangerous for vulnerable people.
- Drafting and distribution of press releases
- Writing and distribution of articles
- Proposal for a report on the life assistant profession
- Managing relations with journalists on a daily basis